It just takes one pot to prepare and is refreshing, light, and healthful! As it is in our home, this One Pot Broccoli Penne without beef is likely to become a family favorite!
Well? Verify. Simple? Verify. Youngster approved? EVERY CHECK. This is one of our newest and best one-pot dishes, which the kids adore and which I know is loaded with broccoli and nutrients!
One Pot Broccoli Penne Ingredients
- Fresh broccoli works best for this dish, but frozen broccoli will work as well.
- Replace normal pasta with whole wheat penne or any other type you have.
- Parmesan Cheese: Asiago, Romano, or any other delicious hard cheese with a salty taste would be great!
- Fresh lemon zest and juice: once again, fresh is better!
- The essential ingredients are oilve oli, fresh garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
How To Make One Pot Broccoli Penne
Place everything into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
Yes, that is essentially it. Yes, you do need to make sure that the broccoli is added after the Penne, but that’s really the toughest part. 🙂
Yes, well, add the oil, zest, lemon juice, and—most importantly—the cheese!
Give it a mix and serve!
Completed! Simple as pie. This spaghetti recipe, which is covered in oil and lemon, is really easy yet wonderful.
Can I use frozen broccoli?
Indeed. Although I like fresh, frozen works just as well; simply add them toward the end of the pasta cooking time, after around 8 minutes, for only 1 minute.
Can I use another pasta?
Without a doubt. Simply modify the cooking periods according to the kind of pasta; for example, penne will require a longer cooking time than thin spaghetti.
Can I add other vegetables in One Pot Broccoli Penne ?
Yes! Simply throw them in and allow the saucepan to cook them!
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Green Bean and Mushroom Braised Chicken
- Easy Maple Roasted Carrots
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- White Bean Leftover Turkey Chili
One Pot Broccoli Penne
- 1 lb whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 lb broccoli florets about 5-6 cups
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced see notes
- juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to salt water
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- Heat a big pot of salted water till it boils.
- Once the penne is added, cook it for five minutes. When the broccoli is brilliant green and tender, add it and simmer for a further three to four minutes. Empty and put back into the pot.
- Mix thoroughly after adding the garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper to the saucepan. Mix in the olive oil. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and stir. Right before serving, sprinkle more Parmesan cheese over top.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder if you want the flavor of garlic without the bits of minced garlic since the garlic isn’t cooked all the way through.