With a hint of lime and cilantro, this Black Bean Avocado Salad Cucumber, and Tomato Salad pairs well with air fryer chicken breast, grilled chicken, or steak. Serve this with chips as a dip or over grilled fish.
Table of Contents
Black Bean Avocado Salad
Years ago, my girlfriend created this delicious black bean avocado salad for a party, and it’s become a summer picnic tradition. It makes an excellent summer side dish or dip for chips. I’ve also served this with grilled salmon; it’s really flexible! If you enjoyed this bean salad recipe, you may also like my Southwestern Salad made with corn, this salad with quinoa and mango.
I released this black bean salad dish in 2020 and recently updated the photographs. This salad is usually a crowd favorite since it is so fresh, healthful, and tasty.
Black Bean Avocado Salad Ingredients
- Black Beans: Canned black beans are an inexpensive pantry essential that I usually keep on hand. They are quite simple to include into a variety of dishes. Simply open the can, rinse, and drain the beans in a colander.
- Tomatoes: I used two medium tomatoes, but you may substitute grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Avocado: Dice two small avocados. Drizzle them with fresh lime juice to keep them from browning too rapidly.
- Cucumber: Cucumbers add a refreshing summer taste to this black bean salad. If you don’t have a seedless English cucumber, take off the seeds from a standard one.
- Red Onion: Substitute red onion for white onion or scallions.
- Cilantro: If you don’t like cilantro, skip it. Consider adding minced garlic or jalapeño for added flavor.
- Lime juice: Squeeze two limes over the bean mixture.
- Salt and Pepper: Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
How long does black bean salad stay fresh?
Leftovers make excellent fast lunches and will keep for three days in the refrigerator. If you want to make this ahead of time, I recommend adding the avocado just before eating so it doesn’t become dark and mushy.
More Bean Recipes You’ll Love:
- Black Beans and Rice
- 15 Minute Black Bean and Spinach Burritos
- Puerto Rican Beans
- 3-Bean Turkey Chili
Black Bean, Avocado, Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 1 seedless cucumber peeled and diced
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes diced
- 2 hass avocados diced
- 15.5 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp red onion minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro minced
- 2 limes juice of
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.