With a full cup of fresh blueberries, fresh lemon juice, and butter, Blueberry Lemon Bread is soft, moist, and delicate.
This Blueberry Lemon Bread will make you feel like spring even if it may be freezing outside. This fast bread is overflowing with fresh fruit flavor thanks to a full cup of blueberries (that will DEFINITELY NOT sink to the bottom of the loaf pan) and heaps of fresh lemon juice and lemon zest.
Never Miss A Good Deal!
We adore this dish for its simple preparation and flavorful results, but cream cheese can really bring the tastes to the next level. A similar dish that uses pumpkin is excellent during the fall.
The centre of a loaf of pumpkin chip cream cheese bread is filled with a package of cream cheese that has been mildly sweetened and baked. The outcome is quite tasty and would be AMAZING without the chocolate chips in this recipe.
You may even add a zucchini to this recipe in a rush if you’re preparing it in the summer and have an abundance of extra zucchini. You may also top the toast with some sliced almonds if you want to give it a little crunch and texture.
However, this traditional Blueberry Lemon Bread loaf is a lovely snack with a cup of tea or coffee for your morning meal just the way it is. There are so many interesting variations you can try to make this recipe your own. By turning it up a level, you can transform it into the ultimate delight.
Toppings and Mix-ins
- Almonds: Sprinkle sliced or finely chopped almonds on top.
- Glaze: Toss the bread upside-down in the mixture by combining the powdered sugar with just a tablespoon of water until barely combined.
- Lemon Glaze: Prepare the glaze as suggested above, but use lemon juice in place of the water to give it a stronger lemon taste.
- White chocolate chips: White chocolate chips are a wonderful way to soften the tartness of the blueberries and the acidity of the lemon.
- Sour Cream: In a pinch, you may replace the milk with 2 tablespoons of water and sour cream.
- Greek Yogurt: You may replace greek yogurt for sour cream in the same manner as described above.
- Buttermilk: Replace the milk with buttermilk.
- Raspberries can be used in place of or in addition to blueberries.
- Poppyseed: Adding poppyseeds to this dish would give it a wonderful texture and taste; they go well with lemons and blueberries.
- Candied Lemon Peel: Add candied lemon peel to the bread’s top with a glaze for even more lemon taste.
How to Store Blueberry Lemon Bread
- Serve: This Blueberry Lemon Bread may be kept at room temperature until you top it with a dairy-based glaze.
- Store: Store on the counter for up to a week while firmly wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Freeze: Wrapped carefully, freeze Blueberry Lemon Bread in slices or the entire loaf for two to three months. To thaw single servings, divide slices with parchment in a freezer-safe bag. Before serving, let food completely thaw at room temperature.
More Recipes You Might Like
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- In a stand mixer cream your butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and eggs until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt before adding it into the stand mixer on low speed, alternating with the milk until just combined.
- Toss the blueberries in the cornstarch then stir them in by hand until just combined and pour into the pan and bake for 60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1.4mg