This recipe is a healthier way to make chicken drumsticks taste delicious – they are marinated in buttermilk, garlic, fresh parsley, salt and pepper for 24 hours before roasting (baking in the oven at 400 F). This ensures the chicken tenderizes and gets infused with delicious flavors!
You’ll appreciate how easy the buttermilk roasted chicken dish is to make. Making the marinade and applying it to the chicken takes 10 minutes of preparation. Your chicken sits in a freezer bag with buttermilk sauce on top in the refrigerator for 24 hours. The next day, roast your chicken at 400 degrees!
Never Miss A Good Deal!
In a small bowl, mix the buttermilk, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and olive oil.
All the components should be thoroughly blended.
so that this is how the marinade will seem
I used 6 chicken drumsticks from a single box of chicken drumsticks:
Chicken drumsticks should be put in a one-gallon freezer bag.
Spread all of the chicken drumsticks equally with the buttermilk marinade after pouring it over the meat:
Close the freezer bag after removing as much air as you can. For 24 hours, place the marinated chicken in a freezer bag and chill.
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and then marinade your chicken for 24 hours. Use a medium-sized baking dish; I used a 2.5-quart oval baking dish that was 13 inches long, 9 inches wide, and 4 inches deep. Place the chicken in the casserole dish and then cover it with the whole marinade.
If required, broil for an additional 5-10 minutes to achieve more color. Serve right away with the sauce from the pan. Bake at 400 F for about 30-45 minutes (depending on your oven), or until chicken juices flow clear and the chicken drumsticks are browned and burnt in areas.
Other Recipe You Might Like
- Apple Cinnamon Pork Loin
- Caçoila ~ Portuguese Stewed Beef
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves , minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley , minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- Combine buttermilk, olive oil, minced garlic, minced fresh parsley, salt and black pepper in a small bowl and whisk really well. Place chicken drumsticks in one-gallon freezer bag, pour the buttermilk marinade over the chicken and distribute evenly over all chicken drumsticks. Squeeze as much air out of the freezer bag as possible and close the bag. Refrigerate the marinated chicken in a freezer bag for 24 hours.
- After your chicken has been marinated for 24 hours, preheat oven to 400 F. Use a medium size casserole dish – I used 2.5 quart oval casserole dish ( 13 inches * 9 inches *4 inches deep). Place chicken in the casserole dish – and pour all of the marinade on top and around the chicken. Roast for about 30-45 minutes (depends on your oven), until chicken juices run clear, the chicken drumsticks are browned and scorched in spots. If needed, broil for about 5-10 more minutes to get more color.
- Serve immediately, use the sauce from the pan.