This delightful halloumi salad offers a savory and delectable experience! It combines perfectly ripe and succulent tomatoes and crisp cucumbers for a satisfying crunch.
The crowning glory is the addition of grilled halloumi cheese, infusing a delightful saltiness into the mix. I believe you’ll thoroughly enjoy it!
Why You Should Make this Salad
Preparing this salad is a breeze, requiring just around 20 minutes of your time, and the outcome is absolutely worth it. The grilled adds an explosion of savory and salty flavors to this vibrant and fresh salad.
This dish is not only simple to put together but also substantial enough to serve as your main course.
An added Some hard cheeses contain animal-derived rennet, making them unsuitable for vegetarians. Halloumi, on the other hand, stands as a fantastic cheese option for those following a vegetarian diet.
What You’ll Need to Make this Salad
This recipe doesn’t require a long list of ingredients. The key is to source high-quality halloumi, and you’ll need a minimum of 8 ounces for this dish.
Additionally, gather salad greens (baby greens or any lettuce of your choice), a pint of cherry tomatoes, three small cucumbers, a lemon, olive oil, fresh herbs (options include mint, parsley, and cilantro), garlic, sea salt, and pepper to complete the ingredients for this delightful salad.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- 8 ounces cheese, sliced into ¼ inch slabs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 small cucumbers, sliced into coins
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces baby greens mix
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Here are the steps to prepare this delicious grilled halloumi salad:
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat or heat up your grill to medium heat.
- Brush both sides of the halloumi slices with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, ensuring even coating.
- Place the halloumi on the grill pan or grill and grill each side for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, or until grill marks appear, and the cheese begins to melt.
- In a large, shallow bowl or on a large plate, combine the sliced cucumbers, halved tomatoes, greens, and fresh mint.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper. Drizzle this dressing over the salad.
- Once the halloumi is cooked to perfection, add it to the salad, and it’s ready to serve immediately.
Enjoy your flavorful and satisfying grilled salad!