Beef Ramen Noodles Stir Fry offers a speedy and budget-friendly approach to enjoying instant ramen. In this recipe, we veer away from the typical ramen soup packets and opt for a homemade sauce that’s bursting with flavor. This healthy ramen noodles recipe features ingredients such as garlic, broccoli, soy sauce, and more. It’s an ideal choice for hectic weeknights or whenever you crave a swift and satisfying meal.
How do you make healthy ramen noodles?
Are you a fan of the convenience that instant ramen offers but concerned about the sodium and MSG in the seasoning packets? Well, here’s the solution!
It’s time to whip up your own stir-fry sauce, because this ramen noodle recipe surpasses anything found in those packets. Plus, it comes together just as quickly as if you were using the pre-packaged ramen. It’s the perfect choice for a speedy mid-week meal!
To get started, you’ll need two packages of noodles for this ramen noodle recipe. In total, I used two 3-ounce packages.
Here’s how to prepare it:
- Begin by boiling the noodles for just 2 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, it’s time to make the stir-fry! Heat some vegetable oil in a medium skillet, and sauté onions, garlic, bell pepper, and broccoli until they become tender. This process should only take a couple of minutes.
- After that, remove the sautéed vegetables from the pan and add your ground beef.
- Once the beef is cooked, drain any excess liquid and reintroduce the sautéed vegetables.
- Now, prepare the sauce by combining soy sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and garlic.
- Finally, drain the cooked ramen noodles and toss them in the beef and sauce mixture.
- Top your noodle stir-fry with chopped green onions or sesame seeds for added flavor and presentation!
Enjoy your homemade, MSG-free ramen noodle stir fry!
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 6 oz ramen noodles, (2 packets with seasoning packets discarded)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, (chopped)
Here’s the step-by-step breakdown of the recipe:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat some oil.
- Add the onions, peppers, and broccoli to the skillet and cook until they become tender, which should take about 5 minutes. Once done, remove these vegetables from the pan.
- Next, add the ground beef to the skillet, season it with salt and pepper, and cook until it’s no longer pink, which typically takes around 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat from the skillet, and then return the cooked vegetables back to it.
- Now, let’s make the sauce. In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Sriracha, and garlic until they’re well combined.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add the ramen noodles and cook until they become tender, which usually takes about 2 minutes. Then, drain the cooked noodles.
- Add the drained ramen noodles to the skillet with the beef and vegetables, and pour the sauce over them.
- Toss everything together until it’s completely combined and coated in the sauce.
- Taste the dish and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish with scallions and serve your delicious homemade ramen noodle stir-fry!
Enjoy your meal!