The ideal steak salad has tender steak slices, fresh vegetables, crisp greens, and a creamy homemade dressing.
Tender, juicy Greek Orzo Salad ,Chicken Avocado Pasta Salad , and a BUFFALO CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD is a classic steakhouse meal for special occasions.This easy tasty dish combines the steak and salad into one delicious light recipes perfect for Summer nights.
This salad isn’t your typical green salad. The combination of soft, well cooked ribeye steak with a rich, homemade Thousand Island dressing creates the delightful and filling meal known as steak salad. Ribeye steak doesn’t require marinating, unlike flank or skirt steak. For a juicy, tasty steak, this cut of beef only requires some salt and pepper and approximately 10 minutes in a hot pan. Allowing the steak to rest will ensure that you enjoy all of its wonderful, naturally juicy deliciousness.
Say goodbye to boring salads and hello to bites that are bursting with flavor. The salad as a whole is brought together by the rich Thousand Island dressing. It’s a simple concoction of seasonings, vinegar, and condiments like mayonnaise, ketchup, and sweet pickle relish. If you like, prepare the thick, tangy dressing a day or two in advance so it will be ready when you want to serve this fantastic salad.
How to Make Steak Salad
- Dressing: Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, white vinegar, sugar, sweet relish, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl to make the Thousand Island Dressing. To allow the flavors to merge, place the dressing in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Steak: Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper should be used to season the ribeye steaks. For about five minutes on each side, sear the steaks in a cast iron pan over high heat. After the steaks have finished cooking, take them from the pan and allow them cool before slicing them thinly across the grain.
- Assemble:Place the chopped romaine lettuce, cubed cheddar cheese, diced vine tomatoes, peeled and chopped cucumber, and thinly sliced red onions on a wide dish to assemble the salad. Sliced steak is placed on top of the salad.
- Serving instructions: Toss the salad with a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper and drizzle the Thousand Island dressing over it. Gently toss to cover everything.
- Ribeye Steak: Ribeye is very juicy, delicious, and tender because to the marbling. It is simple to prepare and requires no marinate or tenderizing; all it needs is a beautiful pan sear and a little salt and pepper.
- Thousand Island Dressing: With a wonderful zing and a touch of sweetness, this creamy and tangy dressing is the ideal topping for steak salad. The ingredients include mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet relish, and spices to make a simple homemade dressing. Furthermore, you may customize it to your tastes by substituting or incorporating products from your pantry.
- Romaine lettuce: The romaine lettuce’s firm, crisp leaves make the ideal foundation for the salad since they can withstand the hearty tastes. For more taste and a variety of textures, you can add some extra salad greens like arugula, butter lettuce, or red lettuce.
- Cheddar Cheese: Cubed cheddar cheese complements the steak salad’s rich, acidic dressing by adding a creamy, slightly-sharp taste. You are welcome to substitute any other cheese you choose, such as provolone, gouda, or parmesan.
- Vine Tomatoes:Ripe vine tomatoes add a blast of delicious sweetness and tartness as well as a vibrant red color to the salad, giving it a stunning and vibrant appearance.
- Cucumber: To offset the richness of the steak and dressing, cucumber’s light and reviving flavor is used. Together with the warm steak and sweet and tangy creamy sauce, its chilly crunchiness is delectable.
- Red onion: Red onions give a nice flash of color and a sharpness that balances the other flavors without dominating the meal when they are thinly sliced.
- Bacon Blue Cheese: In place of the Thousand Island dressing, use the Blue Cheese Dressing and top your salad with crumbled bacon and blue cheese.
- Southwestern: For a zesty touch, use black beans, avocado slices, roasted corn, and a hot chipotle dressing. Simply mix some chipotle powder into your preferred Ranch Dressing to make the spicy dressing.
- Asian-Inspired: For an Asian fusion taste, add mandarin oranges, toasted sesame seeds, sliced water chestnuts, and a sesame ginger sauce.
- Mediterranean: Add Kalamata olives, feta cheese that has been crumbled, cherry tomatoes, and Italian dressing for a taste of the region.
Thousand Island Dressing:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 ribeye steaks , trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 6 cups romaine lettuce , chopped
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese , cubed
- 2 vine tomatoes , chopped
- 1 cucumber , peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion , thinly sliced
Thousand Island Dressing:
- In a medium bowl whisk all the ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Season steak with salt and black pepper.
- Add butter to a cast iron skillet on high heat.
- Sear for 5 minutes on each side, then remove from pan and let rest.
- Slice thinly across the grain and set aside for salad.
- Add the lettuce, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, cucumber and red onion to a large platter.
- Top with sliced steak.
- Add thousand island dressing, mix gently and serve.
- Add fresh black pepper over the salad and serve.
Calories: 629kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 132mg | Sodium: 1647mg | Potassium: 836mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 7427IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 459mg | Iron: 3mg