The taste of Marry Me Chicken is rich, juicy, and garlicky! This is an easy meal to prepare and will make your special someone very happy. For an amazing meal, picture delicate chicken with a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce. It’s perfect for a family feast or a romantic date night at home. You can prepare this delicious dinner in 30 minutes with just a few simple ingredients.
Are you looking for a tasty and simple chicken meal that will impress everyone at your dinner party? Go no farther and get married, chicken! This meal of sun-dried tomato chicken with garlic and creaminess is guaranteed to wow! It’s a hit for family gatherings and romantic nights spent at home, and it will undoubtedly delight everyone.
Never Miss A Good Deal!
This dish is really easy to make and uses simple items that you probably already have in your kitchen. Chicken breasts are first sautéed and then simmered in a creamy sauce with garlic, basil leaves, and sun-dried tomatoes. A hungry group to feed, or do you want it extra-rich? Serve with creamy polenta, mashed potatoes, or spaghetti.
What Is Marry Me Chicken?
Let’s now examine the specifics of the name. It’s true that the title is a little odd. The insider information is that if you prepare this meal for your significant other, they may become quite enamored with your cuisine and even pop the question right away! It’s often said that one may enter a person’s heart through their gut. Interested? Let’s begin cooking now. and you could even get a second date as a result!
This dish, which has sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, Parmesan, and heavy cream, is really simple to prepare. Imagine this: candles burning in the background, a nice glass of chardonnay, and some relaxing music establishing the scene.
Although the food sounds delicious, is there really a need for you to commit to marry me chicken tonight? Contemplate it! With just 30 minutes, you can dish it with flavors that will blow your socks off and simple ingredients. It won’t break the wallet either because the components are inexpensive and readily available.
Ingredients, Tips and Substitutions
It’s a really easy meal that you can prepare in less than 30 minutes. Some of these ingredients may even already be stashed in your kitchen utensils and refrigerator. You’re cooking at a surprise dinner party? Don’t worry—I’ve got you covered! Before you know it, the people around the table will be requesting seconds. The list of items you’ll need is as follows:
- Chicken Breasts: If your fillets are too big, you could want to slice them against the grain to make smaller pieces, or you might lightly pound them to make sure they are the same thickness. As an alternative to chicken breasts, you can use cutlets or boneless/skinless chicken thighs, but keep in mind that the cooking time for the thighs is longer.
- Butter and olive oil are used to sear the chicken. For added taste, you may also use the tomato oil that has been sun-dried.
- Seasoning: A blend of sweet paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: The main attraction.
- Garlic: A key component in bringing out the flavor.
- Flour: You can use it in place of cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Seasoning: A basic blend of salt, black pepper, and dried thyme. You can also use dried oregano or Italian seasoning.
- Chicken broth: You can substitute it for vegetable broth.
- Heavy cream: For a rich, flavorful sauce, use heavy cream; half-and-half, light cream, or just milk won’t do.
- Parmigiano: It adds both a creamy texture and a rich, savory taste to the sauce. Best when freshly grated.
- Tomato paste: Improves the depth of flavor and adds a subtle tangy sweetness to the sauce.
- Basil leaves: A burst of aromatic freshness. Parsley is another option.
- Lemon juice: Enhances the tastes of the meal by adding a sharp, citrus contrast that balances its richness.
- Chili flakes: To add a pleasant kick of heat.
- Serve the creamy polenta, crusty bread, mashed potatoes, orzo, spaghetti, rice, or saucy chicken.
- Serve with a leafy side salad, steaming asparagus, roasted veggies, or green beans.
- Before returning the chicken to the skillet, mix a couple handfuls of baby spinach into the sauce if you’d like to add more greens.
- Storage: Any leftovers can be kept for up to three days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Just watch how you reheat it to preserve the chicken’s softness.
- Creamy sauces can become gritty when frozen, therefore I advise against storing them.
Looking for other easy dinners? Here are some favorites:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 ½ tsp salt, divided
- 2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp each: garlic powder, sweet paprika
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup finely chopped basil leaves
- chili flakes, for serving
- Before you begin cooking, finish your preparations. Add paprika, garlic powder, one teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and toss to coat the chicken fillets. Put away.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese, mince the garlic cloves, finely cut the sun-dried tomatoes, and chop the basil leaves.
- Heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. When the chicken is fully fried and browned on both sides, add it and cook it for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Depending on the size of your chicken, the cooking time may change. Take out of the skillet and transfer to a spotless platter.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic to the same skillet. Simmer for one minute, or until aromatic. Add the remaining salt, pepper, and thyme and stir. Stir in flour until well combined. Add the broth, raise the temperature to a boil, and simmer for two minutes, scraping up the brown pieces from the skillet’s bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Add tomato paste and stir. Then, stir in cream and lemon juice. After bringing to a simmer, turn down the heat to medium. Add Parmesan and basil and stir. Adjust salt by tasting it. After adding the chicken back to the skillet, cook it for three minutes.
- Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and chile flakes. Present and savor!