Roast Beef Pot Roast Slow Cooker With its creamy sour cream mushroom sauce, egg noodles, and soft chuck roast, stroganoff is the epitome of comfort cuisine.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff
What could be more satisfying than arriving home to the most amazing smells and almost cooked dinner? Easy to prepare in advance, this delicious crockpot supper cooks slowly all day, making it a great option for hectic workweek evenings. This post also includes oven and Instant Pot instructions if you want to expedite supper!
Never Miss A Good Deal!
Brown the Chuck Roast
If you’ve never made beef stroganoff in a slow cooker before, you might be tempted to just toss everything in and cook. Before putting the chuck roast in your slow cooker, sear it for an additional layer of flavor. It’s crucial to mix the sauce before pouring it over the meat, in contrast to many dump and go crockpot recipes, to ensure that the sauce is uniformly distributed.
To ensure that the egg noodles in this Slow Cooker Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff dish absorb the flavors of the mushroom sauce without becoming mushy, they are used almost cooked. Just before you put them in the slow cooker, cook them for about one minute less than the instructions on the package.
Roast beef stroganovskies in a slow cooker make a great dish for potlucks or quick dinner preparation on busy weeknights. Add the noodles only if you intend to freeze this meal if you are preparing it ahead of time. To store Slow Cooker Pot Roast meat Stroganoff for quick weekday dinners, keep the cooked noodles and meat separate in the refrigerator.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What other kinds of beef can be used for this recipe?
If you would rather use entire beef chunks rather than shredded meat, you can use beef stew meat or chop the chuck roast into 2-inch cubes.
Can I use different pasta for this stroganoff?
Serve thicker pasta, such as rigatoni, penne, or macaroni, alongside Slow Cooker Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff instead of egg noodles. Make sure to put to the slow cooker after cooking for just under a minute.
What other vegetables can be cooked with this dish?
Other veggies that go well with this recipe are frozen peas, carrots, and bell peppers. You may also use other mushrooms, including button or portobellos.
Can I add wine to this sauce?
For a more traditional flavor of stroganoff, use one cup of dry red wine, such as Pinot Noir or Malbec, in place of the beef broth.
Oven Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff
- Set the oven’s temperature to 350.
- As always, use oil to brown the seasoned meat in a large Dutch oven and put it aside.
- After the liquid from the mushrooms has reduced, add the onions and simmer.
- After cooking the garlic, paprika, and thyme for approximately a minute, deglaze the pan with the beef stock.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard, then put the chuck roast back in the saucepan.
- Once the meat is tender, cover the saucepan and bake it in the oven for two to three hours.
- Before serving, shred the meat, stir in the cooked egg noodles and sour cream.
Instant Pot Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff
- Add oil and set the Instant Pot to sauté.
- Sear the beef for two to three minutes on each side, then put it aside.
- Saute the mushrooms, garlic, and onions for three to four minutes, or until they are soft.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard to the Instant Pot, deglaze it with the beef stock, and then add the chuck roast.
- Put a cover on it, close the seal valve, and choose Manual High Pressure for sixty minutes.
- When you’re done, use fast release.
- Add the egg noodles, and give it five minutes on Manual High Pressure.
- Apply rapid release, mix with sour cream, and proceed to serve.
How To Store Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff
- Utilize: Slow Cooking You may store beef stroganov at room temperature for up to two hours or on warm for up to four hours.
- Stock: Chilled Pot Before putting Beef Stroganoff in an airtight container, roast it through. Keep chilled for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Once chilled, store Beef Stroganoff in the freezer for up to three months by placing it in a tight container. Before reheating on the stovetop, let the food thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Creamy Southern Black Eyed Peas
- Cider Vinegar Chicken Stew
- Pot Roast Recipe
- Louisiana Red Beans and Rice
- Meatloaf Recipe
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces egg noodles cooked a minute shy of done
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil over high heat.
- Chuck roast should be salted and peppered.
- Meat should be browned for four to five minutes on each side.
- Add the steak, garlic, and mushrooms to the slow cooker.
- Combine beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, paprika, and thyme in a slow cooker and whisk until well combined.
- Cook for eight hours on low heat or four hours on high heat.
- Take the meat out of the slow cooker and use two forks to carefully shred it.
- Cook egg noodles for only a minute less than suggested on the package.
- Stir the egg noodles to coat after adding the sour cream mixture to the sauce.
- Place chuck roast on top, then cook for 15 minutes on high.
- Please read blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.