Kebab of chicken kofta. These delicious kebabs made with ground chicken will immediately win you over. served kebab-style with tomatoes, garlic mayonnaise, and flatbread. These are really simple to make and take only around 30 minutes to prepare. You are the chef; you may grill them, cook them in a skillet, or bake them in the oven! Excellent for hectic workdays and well-liked by finicky diners.
You can quickly make these chicken kofta kebabs in advance, and they’re perfect for lunch or dinner. This meal plan staple, which is usually a success with the whole family, is packed with flavor and frequently appears on it.
Never Miss A Good Deal!
It’s really simple to make, juicy, and full of flavor. Additionally, not a lot of ingredients are needed to make this meal. Ground meat is used to make the chicken kofta kebabs, which are then grilled after being wrapped around a skewer. This is a great meal to bring to summer BBQ parties, and in the winter you can bake them. Check out the advice below. Although a blend of lamb and beef is an option, we’ve chosen to use chicken in this recipe since it cooks more quickly.
How to Prepare Chicken Kofta Kebab in the Oven
Adjust the oven temperature to 400°F/200°C and place parchment paper on a baking pan. Put the mixture of ground chicken on skewers. Before arranging the meats on the skewers, I suggest soaking the skewers in water for 30 to 60 minutes. This will prevent them from overheating.
Put the skewers on the baking sheet, cover with oil, and bake for approximately 20 minutes, rotating them halfway through.
How to Prepare Chicken Kofta Kebab on the Grill
Before you skewer the meat, soak the skewers in water for 30 to 60 minutes. By doing this, they won’t burn on the grill. Put the mixture of chicken on skewers. Char the chicken kofta kebab by grilling it for 4–5 minutes on each side.
Ingredients, Tips & Substitutions
Chicken Kofta Kebabs
- Meat: Ground chicken, however lamb, beef, or turkey can also be usede.
- Seasoning: A blend of sweet paprika, black pepper, and salt.
- Herbs: Parsley can be substituted with cilantro for a zesty touch.
- Garlic and onions: Lots of both! Both should be freshly shredded as finicky consumers are less likely to notice raw bits of garlic or onion in their food and you don’t want them in your patties.
- Use olive oil while frying.
- You may use flatbread in place of naan for serving. Additionally, you can utilize homemade or store-bought.
- Apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, black pepper, red onion, and cherry tomatoes are needed for the tomato salad.
- Accompany with rice, naan, or flatbread.
- Serve alongside a plain green salad, coleslaw, pickled red cabbage, or a salad of carrots and chickpeas.
- For a wonderful spicy kick, add some cayenne pepper or chili flakes to the beef combination.
- Add your preferred condiment on top, such as hot garlic mayonnaise or garlic sauce.
- Prepare ahead of time: The skewers may be made and chilled for the night. When you are ready to eat, cook the naan, prepare a salad, and sear the chicken skewers.
- Freeze: The raw chicken kofta skewers can be kept in sealed freezer bags for up to three months.
Try These Next
Chicken Kofta Kebab
- 1.7 pounds/800 g ground chicken
- 2 medium yellow onions, grated
- 6 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp each: salt, black pepper, sweet paprika
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro, more for serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- 8 flatbreads, for serving
- garlic mayonnaise, for serving
- 8 skewers
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 9 ounces/250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp each: salt, black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Assemble the kebabs made with chicken. Chop the cilantro, and grate in the garlic and onions. Ground chicken, onion pulp (juice not needed), garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, and sweet paprika should all be combined in a big bowl. Make 24 oval-shaped patties by shaping the mixture. Place three burgers on each skewer.
- Get the tomato salad ready. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and thinly slice the red onion. Add the tomatoes, red onion, oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper to a bowl.
- Heat your grill pan or skillet over medium high, drizzle wih oil. Add skewers, cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. The cooking time depends on the thickness of your patties. Cook the skewers in batches.
- Serve wrapped in warm flatbread with tomato salad and garlic mayonnaise. Enjoy!