Brighten your day with this refreshing Mango Banana Smoothie bursting with tropical flavor! It’s a sweet, thick, and creamy beverage, perfect for a quick and delightful breakfast. With just five simple ingredients including mangoes, coconut yogurt, bananas, and coconut milk, this smoothie brings a taste of the tropics to your morning routine.
Table of Contents
Mango Banana Smoothie
Brighten your morning with sunshine in a glass! This tropical smoothie is a surefire way to start your day with a smile. It’s not only delicious but also packed with nutrients and fiber, making it a refreshing choice, especially on hot summer days. Filled with sweet fruits, creamy coconut yogurt, and dairy-free coconut milk, you can also enhance the flavor with a touch of real maple syrup and vanilla extract for natural sweetness.
What’s so great about this mango banana smoothie? It is:
- Vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free
- Quick, super easy, and made in 5 minutes
- Great for kids and adults
- Made with wholesome ingredients
- A high fiber meal or snack
- Contains no refined sugar
- A portable breakfast for busy mornings
HOW TO MAKE A MANGO BANANA SMOOTHIE
In just 5 minutes, you can whip up this delightful mango smoothie by following these simple steps:
- Combine Ingredients: Place mango, banana, coconut yogurt, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into a blender.
- Blend: Blend the ingredients until they are completely smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk if necessary.
- Pour: Transfer the smoothie into glasses, and it’s ready to enjoy!
WHAT TO ADD TO SMOOTHIES
Enhance the nutritional value and flavor of your smoothie by experimenting with various add-ins. Here are some options to consider:
- Greens: Spinach, kale, and arugula are excellent choices to boost fiber content without altering the taste significantly.
- Protein powder: Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to turn your smoothie into a protein-packed post-workout drink.
- Seeds: Hemp seeds, chia seeds, and flax seeds provide omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, adding healthy fats to your smoothie.
- Lemon: A splash of lemon juice introduces a fresh, slightly tangy flavor to your smoothie.
- Turmeric: Incorporate fresh turmeric or turmeric powder for its potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- Avocado: Half an avocado adds creaminess and healthy fats to any smoothie.
- Ginger: Include a small piece of fresh ginger (about ½ inch) to boost the immune-boosting potential of your smoothie.
Feel free to mix and match these add-ins to create a smoothie that suits your taste and nutritional preferences.
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled before freezing
- 2 cups mango chunks, frozen or fresh
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk (from a carton, not a can)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional, to sweeten)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy. Adjust the amount of liquid as needed. You may need more if you are using all frozen fruit or less if you are using all fresh fruit.
- Pour smoothie into glasses. Enjoy!
Using coconut milk from a carton, similar to almond milk, is recommended for this smoothie. Canned coconut milk is less sweet, higher in fat, and is typically better suited for savory dishes such as curries.
Please note that the provided nutrition information does not include the optional maple syrup. If you decide to add maple syrup for added sweetness, be sure to account for its nutritional content separately.