Easy, fall-apart tender, and flavorful slow cooker shredded beef is made with beer, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and spices.
The best way to prepare for a variety of dinners is with this straightforward recipe for Korean Beef Stuffed Peppers. Similar to shredded chicken, this dish may be used in a variety of various dishes such salads, burrito bowls, and sandwiches.
This recipe for slow cooking is ideal for a quick weeknight supper. The chuck roast and the other delectable ingredients are simple to prepare in the morning. Simply mix the tasty cooking liquid together, pour it over the beef, and set the timer for low and slow cooking while you go about your day. By the end of the day, you will have perfectly tender beef that is ready to serve since the flesh will absorb the taste and fluids from the sauces.
How to Make Slow Cooker Shredded Beef
- Brown: Slice the chuck roast into three pieces and season with salt and pepper before browning. Oil should be added to a big saucepan or the metal slow cooker insert. The meat should be browned for 8 to 10 minutes on both sides in a medium-high heat saucepan. After that, add the browned meat and onion slices to the slow cooker.
- Cooking liquid: In a mixing bowl, combine the following ingredients for the cooking liquid: beer or beef stock, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, paprika, and spicy sauce. Before drizzling the mixture over the chuck roast, combine the ingredients in a bowl.
- Cooking time: Cover the meat and simmer it on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until it is thoroughly done. To serve the soft beef on hoagie buns after it has cooked for hours, shred it with two forks.
- veggies: In addition to the two yellow onions specified in the recipe, you can add more veggies to the slow cooker. Adding sliced green onions, chipotle peppers, or green bell pepper would make this beef taste fantastic.
- Sauce add-ins: Add-ins for sauce: Play around with the taste of the cooking liquid by blending or substituting substances like tomato sauce, liquid smoke, tomato sauce, or honey mustard.
- Seasonings: Experiment with taste by changing the spice mixture in the recipe with components like mustard powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder.
Pressure Cooker Instructions
- Combine the following ingredients in a bowl: salt, pepper, vegetable oil, beer (or beef broth), yellow onions, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, paprika, and spicy sauce.
- Chuck roast and the mixture should both be added to the pressure cooker.
- 75 minutes of cooking time at high pressure in the instant pot.
- After 10 minutes, use a natural pressure release to quickly relieve any leftover pressure.
- To shred the steak, utilize two forks.
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast , cut into 3″ chunks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions , thinly sliced
- 1 cup beer , or beef broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable oil to a large pot or metal slow cooker insert.
- On medium-high heat brown the beef on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- Place beef into the slow cooker, top with onions.
- In a bowl whisk together beef broth, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, paprika, and hot sauce.
- Pour over the beef and onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred with forks and serve on hoagie rolls.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 545mg | Potassium: 534mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 206IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 3mg