A delectable ground beef and mushroom stroganoff combination is used to make Beef Stroganoff Stuffed Peppers, which are then stuffed with melty cheese.
People are constantly looking for new meal dishes to try out. Most families have a few go-to meals they like every time, such as beef stroganoff. However, it’s nice when you can take the ingredients from that recipe you love and rework them into something fresh and equally tasty, like this dish, rather than recreating that dinner over and over again.
- Green Bell Peppers: Bell peppers, particularly green ones, are the ideal vehicle for a meat filling. The peppers take on the shape of a beautiful bowl after being cut in half and the core removed. The pepper halves have a lovely earthy taste that goes well with the rest of the dish and are solid enough to handle the meat filling.
- Ground Beef: The ideal filler ingredient is ground beef. It is simple to combine with the mushrooms, cheese, and other ingredients in the sauce to create a creamy filling that has all the substantial beef taste of beef stroganoff. Additionally, it does a great job of filling in the bell pepper’s crevices.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are yet another essential Beef Stroganoff component. Another classic dish is creamy mushroom stroganoff, therefore in this recipe we utilized both beef and mushrooms in the filling. Additional sautéed mushrooms are also put to the dish’s side.
- Beef Stroganoff Sauce: Worcestershire, sour cream, beef broth, and melty mozzarella cheese are combined to create a flavorful, tangy, and creamy sauce for the beef stroganoff.
How to Make Beef Stroganoff Stuffed Peppers
- Prep Time: Start by putting the oven to heat. Then chop 1 cup of mushrooms and a medium onion. Cut the mushrooms from the additional cup into uniform pieces. After halves each bell pepper, scoop out the seeds and core.
- Beef Mixture: Ground beef mixture: Place a sizable pan over medium heat and add the ground meat. As you brown the steak on both sides, shred the meat with a wooden spoon. After that, drain any excess fat and take the cooked meat out of the pan.
- Mushroom Mixture: In the same pan you used to cook the meat, add the chopped mushrooms, onions, and garlic along with 2 tablespoons of butter. Vegetables should be cooked for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. After that, add the mushroom combination to the bowl you used for the ground beef. Sliced mushrooms are cooked in 1 tablespoon butter in the pan until browned. Place them in a plate apart from the meat.
- Creamy Sauce: Reintroduce the meat and mushroom stuffing to the pan. Then add the beef broth, sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir the mixture thoroughly. The mozzarella cheese should only be mixed briefly after being added.
- Cooking Time: Place the pepper halves on the baking dish and bake for the indicated time. Place a meat filling in each pepper half. After that, add the sliced mushrooms and the leftover beef stock to the edges of the bell peppers. Bake under a cover until perfectly melted.
- Lean Ground Beef: Lean Ground Beef: You may use lean ground beef to produce a somewhat lighter variation of this meal. Both 90/10 and 95/5 are regarded as lean ground beef.
- Peppers: While green bell peppers go particularly well with the rich, creamy flavors of beef stroganoff, you may also give red, orange, or yellow peppers a try if you prefer those flavors. Utilizing several hues and allowing people to select their favorite is an additional concept.
- Cheese: To get the ideal melty and cheesy beef stroganoff filling, combine mozzarella cheese with the bell pepper stuffing. Depending on your preferences, you might simply experiment with several types of cheese. Provolone, gouda, Monterey Jack, cheddar, or parmesan cheese would all be wonderful options. You may substitute another cheese for the mozzarella or use it in addition for even more cheesy pleasure.
- Vegetables: You may simply incorporate additional vegetables into the beef mixture if you want to make the dinner more satisfying. Consider using peas, carrots, or chopped tomatoes in addition to the mushrooms. They’ll taste great and provide a beautiful splash of color. If you really aren’t that into mushrooms or onions, you may easily use any of these in their place.
Are Beef Stroganoff Stuffed Peppers Freezer-Friendly?
Making these peppers in advance is highly recommended. Once the Beef Stroganoff combination is finished, you may chill it. When you’re ready to consume your peppers the next day, slice, fill, and bake them from scratch. Additionally, you might fill them the evening before baking. Refrigerate them with a tight cover. As the peppers are cooked from chilly temps, adjust the cooking time as necessary.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef , 85/15
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter , divided
- 1 cup mushrooms , sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms , diced
- 1 cup yellow onions , diced
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream , plus more for topping
- 2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 3 green bell peppers , cut in half vertically and cored
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, add the beef on medium-high heat and cook for about 5-6 minutes, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Drain fat and remove beef from the pan.
- Add in 2 tablespoons butter, diced mushrooms, onions, and garlic to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat until they’re browned.
- Remove mushroom mixture and put with cooked beef.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter along with the sliced mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat until they’re browned, then remove them from the pan.
- Add the ground beef and cooked diced mushroom mixture back to the pan.
- Add in the Worcestershire sauce, sour cream, and 1 cup of beef broth and stir well.
- Add in mozzarella cheese and stir to just combine.
- Add the bell peppers to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Scoop mixture into the halved green bell peppers.
- Pour remaining broth on the sides of the bell peppers along with the cooked sliced mushrooms.
- Bake, covered, for 50 minutes.
Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 1025mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 648IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 3mg