Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken is wonderfully juicy with golden crispy skin and ready to serve in less than an hour!
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
This air fryer rotisserie chicken is the most convenient method to cook an entire chicken! It comes out juicy and delicious, with crispy skin and enough of flavor. It is seasoned with a special spice combination and air-fried to perfection! It’s ideal for weekday dinners with anything you choose, whether it’s a Latin-inspired feast with Peruvian green sauce, rice, and beans, a more conventional supper with mashed potatoes and green beans, or a light meal with roasted vegetables.
Reasons to Enjoy Making a Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- The preparation process is quick. There is no brining or marinating, and it just takes about 5 minutes to combine the spices and apply them over the chicken.
- A meal that the whole family will enjoy. This chicken turned out great, and there were no complaints in my home!
- A failsafe recipe. Simply drop it into the air fryer and walk away. This cooking procedure is foolproof.
- Healthier than buying one from the store. Costco injects a salt solution into cooked chickens to improve taste and softness.
- Faster than an oven. Air fryers are the quickest way to cook a full chicken! The cooking time is around 50 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken, and you don’t need to preheat the oven first. No need to wait for the chicken to reach to room temperature before you cook it.
- There is no need for a rotisserie spit. If your air fryer has a rotisserie rod, use it; just be sure to knot the wings and legs. If not, don’t worry; it will turn out fantastic.
Air Fryer For Rotisserie Chicken
Any air fryer with at least a six-quart basket can accommodate an entire chicken. I use this air fryer and it fits wonderfully.
How To Make Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
- Spice Blend: Mix the spices in a small basin. Pat the chicken dry using paper towels, then spray with olive oil and apply the seasoning all over the exterior and interior of its cavity.
- Optional: For a beautiful bird, securely bind the chicken’s legs together using kitchen thread.
How Long To Put A Whole Chicken in Air Fryer
Place the chicken breast side down in the basket. Air fried for 25 minutes at 350°F, or until the top is golden. Flip it over and cook for another 25 minutes, or until the juices flow clear and the thigh is no longer pink when punctured with a knife near the joint. You may also check the temperature using a meat thermometer inserted between the thickest area of the leg and thigh, which should read 165°F. Allow the bird to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
No air fryer! No problem (oven version).
If you don’t own an air fryer, don’t worry! You may bake it in the oven instead. Roast the chicken in a preheated oven at 400°F for about an hour. Using the same approaches described above, you may determine whether it has been completed.
Ways to Use Leftovers
Leftover chicken keeps for approximately four days refrigerated and may be utilized in a variety of ways. You may also freeze the beef for three months and then defrost it in the refrigerator.
- Make chicken tacos, nachos, tostadas, and quesadillas.
- Make Chicken Salad
- Top salads with it.
- Add it to pasta salads.
- Make sandwiches or lettuce wraps with the chicken.
- Mix the meat into the chicken noodle soup.
- Prepare a bowl with rice or quinoa and additional vegetables.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Breakfast Banana Split
- Perfect Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- olive oil spray
- 3 pounds whole chicken I buy organic, humane raised
- Put the spices in a small dish.
- Spritz the chicken with olive oil, then evenly distribute the seasonings.
- Optional: For a beautiful bird, securely bind the chicken’s legs together using butcher’s twine. At this stage, refrigerate uncovered until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, place the chicken in the air fryer basket.
- Place the whole chicken, belly side down, in the air fryer and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes, or until the top is browned. Then flip over and cook for another 25 minutes, or until the juices flow clear and the thigh is no longer pink when punctured with a paring knife near the joint, and the internal temperature reaches 165°F. For a bigger bird, this will take longer. To cook the chicken, insert a thermometer between the thickest portion of the leg and the thigh. Once cooked, transfer to a tray and rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Save the sliced carcass for stock if desired.
- Serve the chicken; skin is optional.
No Air Fryer! No Problem (Oven Version)
- Bake at 400°F until golden, crisp, and brown all over, and juices flow clear when a knife is inserted down to the bone between the leg and the thigh, or the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 1 hour or longer as required.