Comforting Mushroom meat Roast (slow cooker recipe included) has mouthwatering, fork-tender meat topped with mushrooms and a creamy sauce.
This delicious beef roast is the perfect hot Meal to enjoy on a cold night. Cooked low and slow until the meat is wonderfully tender, it’s the ultimate comfort food. For more hearty roasts, try our Slow Cooker Shredded Beef , and Slow Cooker Beef Chili
This dish is surprisingly simple to prepare and is juicy and tasty. In order to keep the beef soft, the recipe must be cooked for a number of hours at a low temperature. The meal is so tasty when it is completed that the slightly longer cooking time is more than worth it because the preparation is quick and simple.
Cooking Tips for Mushroom Beef Roast
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees before you begin cooking. Then chop the onions and mushrooms.
- Brown beef: Add oil to a big Dutch oven and heat it up to medium-high to brown the steak. Add salt and pepper to the meat before adding it to the saucepan. The chuck roast should be cooked for 4-5 minutes on each side until browned, then taken out of the saucepan.
- Mushroom mixture: Add the butter, onions, and mushrooms to the saucepan and simmer until the onions are transparent and the mushrooms are browned. For 30 seconds, mix in the minced garlic cloves.
- Cooking liquid: Beef broth, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and paprika are combined in the cooking liquid by whisking. Then blend it with the steak and mushrooms in the dutch oven. The liquid will be absorbed by the flesh, making the beef soft.
- Cooking time: Cover the dish and roast it for three to three and a half hours in a hot oven. Before slicing and serving the meat, check that it has achieved a temperature of 145 degrees with an instant-read thermometer.
Slow Cooker Mushroom Beef Roast
- The meat should first be browned before the mushroom combination is sautéed as normal.
- Then layer the roast on top of the base of the slow cooker after adding the mushrooms, onions, and garlic.
- Pour the cooking liquid over the top after stirring everything together.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours with the lid on the crockpot.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds beef eye of round
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms , sliced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven on high heat.
- Season chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- Brown meat on all sides, 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove beef from pan.
- Add butter, mushrooms, and onions to the pot, cooking for 8-10 minutes until mushrooms are browned and onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Whisk together beef broth, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and paprika.
- Add beef back into the pot and cover with broth mixture.
- Cook, covered, for 3-3 ½ hours.
- Break apart beef and serve.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 977mg | Potassium: 987mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 263IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 5mg